Presenting the Hyland Alfresco connector for Microsoft 365 and Teams
Last month, at Xenit we hosted the webinar “Driving full-scale productivity and collaboration with the Alfresco connector for Microsoft 365 & Teams”, together with Hyland Alfresco.
As cloud adoption increases, many organizations are migrating from desktop-based Microsoft Office to cloud-based Microsoft 365 and Teams.
Combining the collaborative strength of Microsoft 365 with the governance and transactional content services of Alfresco is a best-of-breed approach for the right customers and use cases.
The Alfresco Collaboration Connector for Microsoft 365 & Teams helps organizations increase user productivity with seamless, real-time collaboration, both inside and outside the enterprise, ensures compliance with information lifecycle and government policies, and improves user adoption by integrating tools necessary for user-specific jobs.
By watching the webinar companies will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Alfresco collaboration connector for Microsoft 365 and Teams
- Learn how to increase user productivity by having a native integration with Microsoft 365 web applications allowing for seamless collaboration inside and outside the integration
- Discover how to enrich collaboration by allowing teams to seamlessly access and share content in Alfresco from within Microsoft Teams
Alfresco connector for Microsoft 365
With Alfresco, users can extend the benefit of Microsoft 365 and Teams to relevant content across the enterprises, increasing productivity and collaboration while maintaining a single source of truth, access control, and compliance standards.
Users can edit Microsoft Office documents including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that are stored in Alfresco from the Digital Workspace directly in Office Online.
The following features are available:
- Create Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Co-author Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with collaborators in real-time.
- Edit Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents stored in Alfresco.
- Share Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with collaborators.
Fig 1: Alfresco Digital Workspace – How to access Microsoft 365 from Alfresco
Alfresco connector for Microsoft Teams
Alfresco Collaboration Connector for Teams enables users within the Microsoft Teams Client to search for content in Alfresco Content Services and share a preview link. The link can be sent to a Teams chat or channel. The link will open in Alfresco Digital Workspace.
- Users can easily search for a document stored in Alfresco from within Microsoft Teams.
- Once a document stored in Alfresco has been shared on a Teams collaboration space (chat or channel), team members can easily view that document.
- Users can easily share a document stored in Alfresco with team members in their Teams’s collaboration space (chat or channel).
Fig 2: How to access Alfresco from Microsoft Teams