ALFRED EDGE IN A NUTSHELL
Alfred Edge controls access to your Content and Process Services Platform.
It is an Alfresco API Gateway, a single entry point, that verifies the users identity and simplifies your integrations with Alfresco and your ECM Architecture.
ALFRED EDGE ARCHITECTURE
Alfred Edge is a lightweight proxy and smart router, tailored for Alfresco Content and Process Services, allowing you to control access to the Alfresco HTTP-based APIs.
Alfred Edge handles synchronous API calls and it is integrated with Alfred inflow for asynchronous use cases. The API gateway provides an agile API environment that leverages existing back-end application to help speed time-to-market for new business services.
Alfred Edge integrates more than one Alfresco instance in a transparent way. You do not have to worry about cross Alfresco version compatibility anymore and you can isolate Alfresco upgrades from application evolution.
Metadata-based access control allowing organizations to comply with GDPR and regulations, according to the user profiles.
A single point of API access with validation, traceability and auditing to simplify and standardize access to Alfresco.
Handling thousands of internet users, without overloading your Alfresco, by assigning priorities (asynchronous requests) and apply rate limiting (synchronous request).
Alfred Edge allows to impose additional security policies at the API level. Authorizing requests, based on your centralized user directory.
Leveraging distributed tracing to give visibility into your requests performance. Sending telemetry data to your monitoring system (e.g. Graphite, Datadog,…) and helping you in keeping control of your performance.
Want to deploy your Alfresco with us?
• Alfred Edge supports basic auth, LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos (SSO) – SAML & OIDC support coming soon
• Centrally manage users’ access to APIs or applications by authorizing LDAP/AD - groups
MODEL FOR ALFRESCO
• Apply fine-grained mandatory-access-controls based on user-roles and document metadata
• Query rewriting for efficiency and performance
MONITOR & MANAGE
• Logging, monitoring and telemetry — Alfred Edge records detailed information and analytics about how your APIs are being used and can be exported to various systems
• Quotas and rate limiting – manage how your users access your API
• Service Discovery – integrates with Consul, Etcd, Eureka to enable auto-configuration & self-healing services
• Circuit breaking, load balancing, …
• Distributed tracing with Zipkin
Real-time content streams at P&V:
the Alfresco foundation architecture for
integrated full digital insurance processes